Saturday, November 14, 2009

Think Positive by Max Garcia

I once bought a series of motivational speeches by a Christian speaker named Norman Vincent Peale. The series was called "The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale. Since listening to the motivational speeches on the CD set I have become a big fan of the Christian Speaker. I have even quoted many of his sayings when I need a motivational leadership line.

One particular story that sticks with me is when the Christian speaker said he was playing golf and got his ball in to the rough (forgive me if I miss use the golf jargon as I am not a golfer). Like most people Norman started to complain that he was "in the rough". His friend who is also a Christian speaker instantly asked him "didn't I see something about positive thinking in your book?" Of course Norman grumbled back while his friend gave him a motivational leadership lecture from his own book. The friend stated that the "rough", "is only as rough as you make it" (along with some other motivational speeches). The friend then gave him some motivational leadership in golf by pointing out what club he should use, why he should use it and how he should swing it.

Norman Vincent Peal managed to get out of the rough with ease. The moral of the story is that the "rough" is only as rough as you make it out to be. Many of us in life make our challenges worse than they actually are, especially when we don't seek mentorship from others. If you think positive things then your brain will lead you to the answer. People will appear in your life just to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment