Monday, November 2, 2009

The Right Music for Your Business by Max Garcia

I once heard a Christian speaker give motivational speeches about how listening to the right music can improve your life. He pointed out that when you listen to songs that talk about how "the wife left me, the dog died, my truck broke down" ect. something happens in your brain. The Christian speaker (sure wish I could remember his name) went on to explain how your subconscious mind hears those things and can put you in the same pattern. If anything you are at least going to feel similar to the artist that wrote the song. The not so good part is that like attracts like, so you surely are not going to attract the love of your life if you are listening to broken heart type love songs.


The Christian speaker later mentioned that positive songs could also do the same for you. Often when I am running and feel tired I start singing the song "I feel good, da da, da da, da da, da". If I feel myself getting bummed out for no reason I start singing "And I'm feeling... good da dat da dum da dat". Instantly I feel better.


If you are in a position where using motivational leadership is the key to your business you should always be pumping something positive in to your brain because your people will feed off of you! When you feel powerful your motivational speeches will come out of your mouth naturally and seem more genuine. If you have ever watched a movie with a killer soundtrack like "Rocky" and felt like you can conquer the world afterword know your motivational leadership style and motivational speeches can do the same. You may even want to consider playing up beat music in your work place, chances are it will increase production.

No comments:

Post a Comment