Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pray before you spray by Max Garcia

If you are a leadership speaker of any kind, there is one ingredient you must include to ensure a successful speech.... PRAYER. I fully realized this just a few days ago when I spoke at the Non-Commissioned Officers leadership course at Marine Corps air station Yuma, AZ. It was an honor to be asked to give these young leaders some motivational leadership, and teach a little bit about leadership characteristics.

I must admit, this morning I was nervous to the point of nausia to speak in front of so many students and so many guest since it was at the graduation. There was a lot of high ranking officers and Sr Enlisted present. As a leadership speaker who harps on leadership characteristics and motivational leadership, I always pray before speaking to a group of people. If it is a longer presentation I will also pray several days in advance while in preparation, especially the night before. This time I prayed and asked God to expand my territory and give me the ability to enhance the lives and abilities of our nations leaders as their leadership speaker.

I know that prayer always helps but this time I really know that it did because I even prayed in the back of the room before getting introduced. I don't know how to explain it but something just came over me and powerful words of leadership characteristics and motivational leadership flowed like water out of my mouth. I was shocked during the speech myself. I also received incredible feed back from many high ranking Marines. Stay tuned to my website www.themaxgarcia.com as I am considering posting some of the speech up for view!

No comments:

Post a Comment